I just wanted to provide the latest update from City Church in light of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Once again, remember God is in control. We trust Him. The Sovereign Creator God is not caught off guard or surprised. Rest in Him.
Also remember the Church of Jesus Christ thrives in chaos. It is His church and He is building it. We are not people driven by fear and uncertainty but faith and hope. We believe God is using this season to focus His people on proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ. Now is the time for us to love God and love others.
The Elders have been praying, discussing, and listening to others during this time. We are making decisions based on what is most important at this time (which changes daily at this point).
Here are the decisions we believe are best for City Church at this time:
- We are moving our Sunday gatherings online. We will still be gathering at 10 am on Sundays but it will be an online gathering. You can utilize the City Church Facebook page, City Church YouTube channel, or the App to access the service. We pray that you will plan to gather with us each week through this process.
- Also remember City Church will continue to move forward. We need you to be faithful to gather (online) and give (through the website or app). We are also discussing ways to continue our City Group gatherings.
- Parents – we will be posting CityTikes & CityKids videos and teaching tools on the City Kids Parents Facebook page. You have the opportunity to invest in your children during this season in a way that is unique.
- All other City Church gatherings and community events are postponed or cancelled at this time.
- We will be making week-by-week decisions on these matters. Please stay informed and be in prayer for our leaders during this time.
We love you and believe God is up to something unique to human history through this pandemic. We are thankful for the opportunity to be Jesus during this time.
Devin Hudson – Elder & Lead Pastor @ City Church